Information We Collect and How We Use It
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide
- When you sign up for an Account or other service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information
- When you access our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications
- When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated Services on other sites
- We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality and organization of our content.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting our rights or property, or that of our users; and
- Developing new services.